- You can uninstall games from Battle.net in two ways, using the app or your computer’s typical uninstallation process.
- If you want to use the Battle.net app to uninstall your games, you just need to open the specific game’s “Options” menu.
- If you don’t want to use the Battle.net app, you can also use Windows’ “Apps and features” menu, or your Mac’s “Move to Trash” option.
- Uninstalling Battle.net games will free up any space they’ve taken on your computer’s hard drive.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
If you use Blizzard’s Battle.net gaming service often, there’s no doubt that you’ll eventually need to uninstall a game. Whether it’s because you’re bored of it, or you just need to free up storage on your computer, uninstalling is easy.
Even better, there’s two ways to uninstall games. And they both work on both Mac and PC.
How to uninstall Battle.net games using the Battle.net app
1. Start the Battle.net app on your computer.
2. In the navigation pane on the left, click the game you want to uninstall.
3. On the game’s details screen, click “Options.” It should be right below the game’s logo.
4. In the drop-down menu, click “Uninstall.”
5. In the confirmation window, click “Yes, Uninstall.”
How to uninstall games without using the Battle.net program
If you’ve uninstalled the Battle.net app or it isn’t working properly, you can still remove games without it. In fact, any Battle.net game can be uninstalled using the same method you would use to delete any program.
If you’re using Windows, follow the steps in our article about how to uninstall programs on Windows 10 to remove the game using Windows’ “Apps and features” menu.
On a Mac, you can just right-click the game’s icon in the Applications folder, and then select “Move to Trash.” You can also drag the icon straight to the trash icon in the bottom-right. Check out our article, “How to uninstall apps on your Mac computer in 3 different ways,” for more details.