Happy June, everyone! May’s been a big and exciting month for us AND the geekverse; we’re glad to bring you the best tidbits of the past month’s happenings. And, if you sit tight and get to the end of the post, you might even find an opportunity to win something special… so read on and see if your luck holds up! (We here at 3 Chic Geeks do not advocate the acquisition of cursed rabbit feet in order to improve your chances at winning.)
- Look, a new trailer for Wolverine.
- If the news outlets covered Tony Stark, this is what the headlines would sound like.
- Luke Evans has been cast as The Crow.
- Here, have an Iron Man credits sequence.
- Iron Man 3 happened… now what?
- Marvel cast virtual unknown Enzo Ciletti for an unknown role in Guardians of the Galaxy, out April 2014. How mysterious.
- They’re trying to make a Dungeons & Dragons movie. Again.
- New Star Wars movie (just how many bloody Star Wars movies are there?) to be filmed in the UK. Did they cast Benedict Cumberbatch yet?
- Star Trek: Into Darkness screenwriter apologizes for gratuitously half-nude Alice Eve scene, reveals there was going to be shirtless Benedict Cumberbatch scene but it didn’t make it to the final cut because reasons. I’m sorry but I think I would have been a little more okay with Carol Marcus parading around in her skivvies if you had only given me a shirtless Khan. WHYYYYYY.
- Emma Watson being sensible in zombie movie.
- Hugh Jackman would like to see a X-Men/Avengers crossover. We would too.
- Disney finally realizes what a train wreck Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides was, attempt to save PotC5 by hiring TWO directors.
- If you can’t decide whether someone should live or die, we can’t help you (unless you are writing this, in which case kill them all). However, if you’re debating whether you should go see Star Trek: Into Darkness, Iron Man 3 or The Great Gatsby… we got you.
- The flaw with the Statue of Liberty.
- Neil Patrick Harris will host the Tony awards again this year. Can we give up and name them the Neil awards already?
- His Supreme Royal Amazingness, Neil Gaiman, speaks about the TARDIS and Clara.
- We finally meet the mother on How I Met Your Mother. It’s… anticlimactic.
- SHIELD TV show. With Coulson. This is so happening.
- Steven Moffat gives us some insight on how Weeping Angels reproduce.
- A bunch of season finales happened, including our favorites Supernatural and Doctor Who. Tears occurred.
- Speaking of tears, here is a beautiful, well-thought out discussion on the evolution and growth of one Dean Winchester.
- Doctor Who renewed for 8th season. Ob…viously.
- Benedict Cumberbatch says Sherlock is far too busy to be getting it on this season.
- Martin Freeman wants to keep doing Sherlock for like, ever.
- Rumors abound that we’ll be getting a naked Sherlock for Christmas. Thank you, Jesus Hamish Watson Christ Holmes.
- Baker Street Babes announce they’re organizing a Sherlockian meetup for SDCC. Critique Geek will be there, so you should be too.
- New Phoenix Wright – Ace Attorney game announced. It is titled Dual Destinies.
- EA announces the arrival of Sims 4 sometime in 2014; emphasizes that the experience will be “single-player, offline”.
- EA takes charge of Star Wars games; first new Star Wars games due out approximately April 2014.
- Actually, piracy isn’t even THAT bad.
- Microsoft announces the new Xbox 1 gaming console. The people are very angry and it has widely been hailed as a bad move. Suddenly, Sony’s stock is rising, and Redditors arm themselves with pitchforks and torches, ready to lead a lynch mob over the used game charges. Meanwhile, Freak Geek sits upon a throne, shaking her head under the weight of a golden helmet, still playing games made in the early 2000s.
- Freak Geek is verily displeased that indie gaming is apparently not available as an option for the Xbox 1.
- Freak Geek also admins a small new gaming community on Reddit. You should subscribe to it if you’re into gaming and have a Reddit account.
- Mind-controlled exoskeleton for disabled people currently being designed. Is an Iron Man getup the next step?
- Little girls make the best superheroes. Duh.
- Mothers sometimes win the internet.
- Petition to rename Michigan to Mishagan in honor of Supreme Overlord Misha Collins exists. We’re not sure if we wish to object.
- This awesome couple having a Nightwing/Batgirl wedding give us the warm fuzzies.
- A death match between Star Wars fans and Whovians happened.It is unclear who won.
- Eight signs you might be a cat.
- Amazon to start publishing fanfiction and paying royalties to both fic authors and the original authors. Don’t get your hopes up though – the terms state the fiction must be relatively free of graphic scenes and sex. Anybody wanna buy an ebook version of My Immortal 2?
- With That Said, there are some good reasons to not participate in Amazon’s Kindle Worlds program.
- NASA working on developing faster than light speeds for space travel. Warp speed, Scotty?
- The new X-Men are… all women. Badass.
And now, for the part you’ve been waiting for…
As those of you who follow us on Facebook and Twitter may know, Freak Geek was attending Book Expo America 2013 this year. She came across a sale on some posters, and… the posters mysteriously ended up buying themselves and joining Freak Geek’s party, because Unique Geek was not there to be a responsible adult. Freak Geek now finds herself in possession of a ridiculous amount of posters and is doing the logical thing… GIVING THEM ALL AWAY AT RANDOM TIMES FOR RANDOM REASONS BECAUSE WHY THE HECK NOT.
To enter the contest, simply leave a comment below telling us your favorite nerdy news from the month of May. Be sure to include your email address with the comment; a winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email on Friday, the 8th of June. Please be 18 or older, and a resident of the lower 48 states (because shipping is expensive and we are poor). In addition to contacting the winner via email, we will announce the name of the winner in our Friday post, so if you are not following this blog yet, you should definitely do so!